Michael W. Tussey
1415 Pleasantville rd. NW
Baltimore, Ohio 43105
To serve our County as the Sheriff of Fairfield County
2007-Current Chief of Police, Village of Baltimore, Ohio
- Staffing, Hiring, Employee Retention, budget originating.
- Investigation of all felony crimes.
- Commanded/organized the Fairfield Internet Crimes Unit.
- Responsible for securing and administering grants for the purchase of equipment and training.
- Liaison between four police agencies.
- Internet and bullying safety talks to various groups and middle school/elementary students county wide as requested.
- Developed and oversees the operation of Police and Citizens United that assists addicted persons to locate treatment centers .
1987-2007 Police Officer, City of Westerville, Ohio.
- Patrol, detection of criminal activity, response to calls for service.
- Direct contact supervision of patrol officers.
- Evaluation of officers for retention and training needs.
- Shift commander in patrol section.
- Ensured compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Set staffing and completed evaluations of officers.
- Commanded K-9 unit and traffic crash reconstruction unit.
- Detective Sergeant:
- Duties included the supervision of and working with detectives assigned to DEA task force, local narcotics investigation unit, multi county drug task force assigned detectives
- Felony investigations.
- Supervised the Crimes Against Children unit including the acquisition of equipment and training for detectives assigned.
- Community Services Sergeant:
- Duties included the supervision of all DARE, SRO, and crime prevention officers. This included the design and implementation of crime prevention education programs for the public and the identification and administration of grants and alternative funding sources for this unit.
2010-Present Adjunct Instructor/ Academy Commander, Eastland Adult Education
- Instructs in the police academy and functioned as one of two academy commanders. Maintained a State Department of Education teaching certificate.
1992-Present Adjunct Instructor, Columbus State Community College
- Taught forensic classes and other associated classes in the Criminal Justice Department. Also taught in the OPOTA police academy various courses as required.
1980-1987 Police Officer, City of Lancaster, Ohio
- Patrol duties:
- Detection of criminal activity
- Response to calls for service
- Detective duties:
- All property type crimes and investigations.
1979-1980 Deputy Sheriff, Fairfield County Ohio
- Patrol of assigned areas for the suppression of criminal activity.
- Took reports and made arrests as needed.
1978-1979 Police Officer, City of New Lexington
- Patrol of city and response to crimes.
- Investigation of all events that occur during shift.
Columbia Southern University
Bachelors' Degree in Criminal Justice (Cum Laude)
Police Executive Leadership College
- Certification of completion
- Courses Include Management, Accounting, Personnel Recruiting and Retention
Columbus State Community College
- Associate Degree in Law Enforcement
Education Related Notations
- Instructor Skills and OPOTA certification classes for various academy courses.
- Academy Commander Certification
- Due to my vast experience in both law enforcement and education I have been asked to sit on the Advisory Boards for Ohio University Lancaster, Columbus State Community College, and Eastland Vocational School
Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police
- Twelve years
Buckeye State Sheriffs Association
- Five years
Fairfield County Republican Party Executive Committee
- Eight years
- Appointed to lead the internal investigation of former Lancaster Mayor Brian Kuhn.
- Financially supported candidates
- Worked phone banks, placed signs
- Did door to door for every county wide, local, or national election
Fairfield County Republican Central Committee
- Two terms(current)
Fraternal Order of Police
- Capital City Lodge 9 negotiator/ Grievance Chairman
- Lodge 50 Lancaster/Fairfield President twice.
- Direct responsibility for organizing fund raising increasing amount raised by ten times
National Rifle Association
- Member and Past President of the Baltimore, Ohio Club.
- Organized bus trips for fund raising.
- These funds are then put back into the community or used in the fight to eradicate Polio
Lancaster United Brethren Church
- Leader of security team
- 1998 Service to Mankind award presented by Sertoma International
- Gallantry Medal presented by City of Westerville
- Exceptional Duty Awards (5) presented by City of Westerville
- 2007 Law Enforcement Award presented by Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Dedication to Duty Mayor's Award presented by Baltimore, Ohio
- 2009 Leadership Award presented by Baltimore Chamber of Commerce
- 2010 United States House of Representatives Leadership Award
- 2010 Ohio House of Representatives Leadership Award
- 2011 United States Congress Special Recognition
- Paul Harris Rotary International Award
- 2018 ADAMH Award